Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Demonstration of "Splash"

I am a follower of Cowboy Mounted Shooting.   As I am fine with guns, but a bit shy of bullets, this sport is a great bit of the old west.  Six-shooters blazing (blank powder flare) the riders, dressed in western garb, must run a barrel configuration and shoot out 10 balloons in the shortest amount of time.

Splash is a wondrous horse.  He is huge and nothing like the regular cowboy pony.  His splashy colors match his frequent rider Tracy Franz Reinhardt's fiery locks.  Although her husband Chad is more to scale, the image of Tracy and Splash is something to remember.  I first drew the two of them in my picture a few years ago.  Black and White does not show the color but has all the energy.

This year, after attaining signature membership in the International Equine Artists, I felt it was time to show off this really beautiful beast.  I was invited to be the featured artist at the Mesa Urban Gardens event on March 21, 2014.  My demo set up was in the beautiful warm Arizona open air:
(photo courtesy of Jaime Glasser, an amazing modern iPhoneographic artist)

The result of the three hours painting, complete with an excellent accompaniment of a cowboy band and other artist to make the time fly by.

I will post the finish on its own when the details are done.




No comments:

Post a Comment